Friday, May 05, 2006

variousing

Cheers D. Why people invent and proliferate these viruses is beyond me. Of course, I know it's some disgruntled, hormone-insane American teenager living in Seattle, thinking he's a political activist, whose dad works for Microsoft, or, as B said last night, the anti-virus companies! But MS aren't going to be hurt by it; just the likes of you and me, toiling away for three hours to extricate their dubious entertainment. Again, mate, glad the wanderlust has hit you. Make the most of it is all I can say; have adventure; it's really important. Yeh, murmurists is coming to life, for sure. I am enjoying it. There's a good positive spirit; and it's pretty easy-going, too. Conceptually it's all there; good potential. The film aspect will add to it. But the noise is right; which is the main thing. There was a nice violent passage during Wednesday's rehearsal. It just happened. R set the tone. I reacted with a suggestion of menace(!); then R was right there, like it was time to let go. Then, L added perfectly to it with some menace of his own. It all came together. Can't wait to get Walker's The Drift; and Climate of Hunter, which I don't really know. Performance is DVD and White of the Eye is video. Annie got them from Amazon, I think. I didn't know Performance was out on DVD; which sounds odd, given that it's a so-called cult classic. You and me know it's more than that, though! Cheers; I know the score with fitness; as - believe it or not - I used to be fit when in my teens! Was skinny, but strong. Strangely, I was very good at arm-wrestling! Not used Cu-Base at all; unlikely for a bit, too. Same with Albleton. I prefer to keep it simple, intuitive at the moment; in time, though, I'll get into - what K calls - mouse music. I intend to realise some compositions that way; maybe next year. I want an output of minimalistic horror film scores, as part of esoterian 24 skidoo. Put CDRs/DVDs out of brown music, as I intend to call it! Brown because - like that colour is all colours mixed as one - it will be a complete mixture of tones; a kind of serial music, but constructed from vertical clashes of sound - as opposed to being horizontal, like drone music; if you get the references. Sketch over! Thanks, in anticipation, for your package to come. 'Disgruntled proggists...? How'd you mean? Not sure I can just run live feed into mic socket as you suggest. I need to experiment. Not sure I have Sound Forge. Will take a gander at Wave Editor for options in that way. Thanks for advice. Hope dentist not too sadistic. Best wishes, Anthony----- Original Message ----- From: D To: Anthony Donovan Sent: Friday, May 05, 2006 7:22 AM Subject: Re: ...that email I said I'd send! Hello there! Nice one on the computer front mate! Nope, nothing is self explanatory in computer land so congratulations, first virus i encountered I ended up reformatting so well done there :) Yep it is ok to say * tis naught but the truth. *************. Good to hear you're playing again so soon and that there is footage from last time too. Learning the ropes with the video stuff is a bit weird but well worth it, I still have plenty of that to do myself. Look forward to seeing/hearing results from your filming. Thought you'd be up to speed on the walker album, nice little list of entertainmet there. Is the performance on dvd or video? Good stuff on the gym, keep it up mate, will reap the benefits. Take my advice..don't slack off once you get well fit, it hurts real bad starting it all over, i've done it too many times. How are you doing with cubase? Tried it out yet? Looked too complex to me, stuck with ableton though i should use it a lot more. Got some soft synths for it too, absynth and 'space explorer', at least that's what i think it's called, it's not as cheesey as it sounds though lol. Will get a copy of belfast performance to you with other material i mentioned. They were a bit crappy on the post gig front certainly, that was the original disc too, rubbish, will send you replacement. Look out for disgruntled proggists at the festival. Will look up Chewbacca, think i've seen the name before but never heard them. Give the buggers hell about harris street mate, the fools. If you run a line from the mini disc (audio lead form headphones/line out) to the microphone socket of your comp you'll be able to record it in, i used dreaded nero wave editor but sure you could record it in to soundforge/other prog along those lines. You'll have to record in real time but you'll get it that way. Ok mate, off to prepare for a dental adventure lol. Best wishes D----- Original Message ----: Anthony Donovan To Sent: Thursday, May 04, 2006 9:04 PMSubject: ...that email I said I'd send! Here we go... Was proud of myself sorting the Trojan out. Watch out for it, mate. It's going around. Got good advice from a bulletin on internet. But had to do the specifics myself. Nothing is self-explanatory with these fucking computers! Dentist - yeh, yuk ... Ouch... Rather you than me. Glad that you are proposing all that travel. You've worked hard for years, mate **** Great destinations, too. Why not. Glad, also, that music is happening for you. Of course, would like to hear results at some point. We're playing improv festival in Loughborough, 27th. The film I'm making is, I think - and for a first effort - pretty OK really. As I said, I'll burn you a copy when I've finished it. No doubt the gig will be filmed; and I have footage of the last one. The intention is to edit this, though; as it's just raw, stationary camera. Once I'm on top of this, I'll send you stuff. I am getting to grips with the film end of things now. See you later. Supposing you'll read this in the morning. So hope last night was OK. Say hello to the worthies from me. Best wishes, Anthony No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Free Edition.Version: 7.1.392 / Virus Database: 268.5.4/332 - Release Date: 04/05/2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home