Thursday, November 09, 2006

Ditto this

Hello David
Always a many-sided pleasure visiting your myspace. Great choice re. Bart Kosko. That brought back happy memories for me: my one-time Director of Studies, in the early days of my Doctorate, strategically recommending Kosko's 'Fuzzy Thinking', as a gentle way of complicating the binary-oppositional stance of my early research offerings! Seeing your citation made me realise what an effect that intervention has had on my thoughts, politics, and work ever since; an effect I had not fully appreciated, actually. The 'best' things do reside in that fuzzy and tenuous, emotional and inter-subjective, iinexplicable and surrealistic, ntermediate zone, I feel. With that firmly in mind, I'm currently reading Scott Walker's 'The Drift' myself.
Best wishes, Anthony
Posted by
murmurists on Friday, November 03, 2006 at 12:17
PS. Was it 'Fuzzy Thinking' or 'Fuzzy Logic'? I could Google, but the point is made, I hope.
Posted by
murmurists on Friday, November 03, 2006 at 13:17

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home