Monday, April 24, 2006

variousing

Just to say, * called around the other night - left your software; which I have loaded onto my laptop. I've made about 32 minutes of film with it - intended for back-projection at murmurists gigs, if we all like it. The film has a soundtrack, but it can be muted for gigs. The images range from footage of the actual Sun going round, crowds of faces whiting-out and melding into other faces, two people talking, and yobbos drinking, to still images - often dropped in for a split-second - of faces from my blog, some recognisable/famous faces, bits where the whole thing just goes one colour, red, white, black, orange, blue, etc. My idea is that the projected film will light the room as well; so it'll go red, white, etc. The basic feeling is that of unease; kind of like a horror film. My favourite terrain. For Sporadicfest, we have 45 minutes - so I'm aiming to make film of that length. I'm thinking in terms of three definite movements of 15 minutes approx. each. Maybe we could structure our improv around these timings, as we discussed previously. * had the idea of starting with something aggressive, loud, and full - getting away from the usual quiet improv beginnings. This might be fun! We kind of look like a rock power trio anyway - with guitar, bass, and drums! I like this idea; especially if we suddenly stopped after about 30 seconds! Perhaps we could repeat the same kind of thing at the beginning of each 15 minute patch? Anthony

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home