Thursday, June 15, 2006

variousing

I agree, of course, with the jist of your assertions about art and narrative. I share the same kinds of interests in exploring its abilities/limitations as an inter-subjective phenomenon, on the one hand, and its capacity for being more objective, given the right conditions, etc., on the other. That's the kind of debate we could have all night. So that's a good thing. It's one of the reasons why I chat with artists and make art myself. Art etc. prompts debate; and debate is good. That's my politics. Your phrase '...meaning without the clarity of conclusion...' indeed makes sense to me. Nice one. That's what I mean by the myths and mysteries I try to articulate with my work. The blog is exactly aimed as a manifestation of your phrase: it's ongoing, inanely ongoing in fact, like an OCD-esque diary. There is no conclusion as such, and none envisaged or intended; just like improv. It's process over artefact. Your real killer question, though - the one I copied into the subject header - will need lots of work. Just how can we '...mark our MK gig out as more that a pub rock noise adventure?' We're unlikely to come up with something for the 30th, I reckon. But to have that question on the table, as it were, is a good thing in itself. I always bang on about not wanting to appear like a rock band; so it is something which occupies me, as a problem to be solved. For the Wolverton gig, however, it is appropriate to be a rock band! Elsewhere, though - and as regards the future - we should really attempt to reinvent ourselves as something other than ex-/current rock musicians with laptops etc., making improv, etc. We have it in us, I think. We just need to put our plan together.

5 Comments:

Blogger St. Anthony said...

Yes, the Modernist position - process over product!
I like that ... clarity without conclusion ... art makes certain things come into focus?

Friday, June 16, 2006 12:45:00 pm  
Blogger Molly Bloom said...

I really enjoyed looking at your Myspace page. Wonderful stuff.

Friday, June 16, 2006 5:53:00 pm  
Blogger murmurists said...

Thanks both of you - Anthony & Mollie. I appreciate your interest and efforts in making comments. I'm just a recovering art-historian / artist, I suppose! Still, messing about with the stuff of those disciplines is rare in comedy - at least that's what I tell myself! So there's millage to be had, I'm hoping. Do you know the work of Terry Atkinson? He's a hero of mine. Kitaj, too. That's the stuff I loved at collage. Satire. Atkinson is closer to Chris Morris than he is to other painters.

Friday, June 16, 2006 6:40:00 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

qzz0713
swarovski crystal
coach outlet
michael kors handbags
ferragamo shoes
coach outlet
true religion jeans
diesel jeans
mont blanc pens
spurs jerseys
ed hardy clothing

Friday, July 13, 2018 3:05:00 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

0822jejeUne superbe Air Jordan 11 Chaussures boutique en ligne devrait avoir une gamme complète d'étiquettes Nike air jordan 1 mid premium disponibles dans toutes les tailles et air jordan 11 gs à des prix abordables. (Marines casquette nike sb à ce jour cependant ajouter une couche supplémentaire air jordan 11 price philippines de peinture noire pour la réduction de asics kayano 24 Baskets l'éblouissement et la résistance à la air jordan 3 retro pour femme corrosion). Les baskets possédaient également une basquettes nike presto languette réfléchissante et des verrous en dentelle, nike air jordan beige ce que les chaussures précédentes ne possédaient air jordan ligne france pas.

Wednesday, August 22, 2018 7:00:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home