Saturday, June 17, 2006

variousing

Thanks very much for your kind words, Roj. Coming from you, that is praise indeed, mate. I really appreciate the feedback and glad you are enjoying my efforts. Yeh - juxtaposing heroes with men of evil; kind of like surfing Google Images was my bit of an idea; and like a homely slideshow, even going blank, or white, at times. I like the abstract pretty stuff, then dropping in bits of reality, recognisable things - either specific, like Spike Milligan, or general, like a generic street scene. Really, though, I just piled things in an intuitive manner. Same is true of the soundtrack; just messing about, knob-twiddling, improvising. It's great that one can do this stuff today, with technology being affordable and accessible. Man (men) must play! You're a nice man, Roj. Thanks for saying what you said. Best wishes, Anthony----- Original Message -----From: R To: Anthony Donovan Sent: Saturday, June 17, 2006 5:54 PM Subject: esoteric movie heaven. just started going through some of the stuff you sent me. watching your movies now. experienced a great depth and variety of feelings whilst watching. wonderful lack of pretension. enjoyed very much. I could say as good as Koyaanisqatsi, for a fraction of the cost. excellent soundscape soundtrack brooding, menacing almost industrial but not uneasy on the ear and pleasantly hypnotic. notice spike flashing up, which makes me feel good – then Rupert Murdoch which tears me the other way – yer sick fucker – well impressed. not without humour either, if I’m not mistaken. something I will enjoy watching many times. gets under the skin. well done fella. I think it’s brilliant and inspirational. No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition.Version: 7.1.394 / Virus Database: 268.9.0/368 - Release Date: 16/06/2006

1 Comments:

Blogger St. Anthony said...

Hello find the myspace stuff interesting - am attempting to put a myspace space up myself at the moment - I have a very uneasy relationship with technology so suspect the film I've attempted to put on there today has vansihed into the ether. We shall see.

Sunday, June 18, 2006 2:31:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home